Updating your Joomla template
From time to time we make changes to our templates. Either adding new features or amending an issue that has arisen with the template. In the following tutorial we will detail for you how to install the latest version of your template.
Before updating your template there is a couple of points worth noting.
- All core template files will be replaced when you update your template. These are all the files located at ../templates/[YourTemplate]/ from the root of your Joomla installation. So if you have made any changes to these files, ensure to back up the template prior to updating.
- No template style settings will be lost. All template style settings (Extensions -> Template Manager -> [TemplateStyle) are stored in the database and will not be effected by updating your template.
Updating your Joomla51 template is a simple case of installing the latest install file of your template. To do so follow these few simple steps.
- Once logged in to our site, download the latest version of the template from your 'My Downloads'.
- Extract your template download in to its separate files and folders.
- From your Joomla administration navigate to your Extensions Manager (Extensions -> Extensions Manager).
- Click 'Browse' and select the template install file from your newly extracted download (eg. ../Joomla! 3.x Install Files/j51_yourtemplate.zip).
- Click 'Upload & Install'. You will then be presented with the message 'Installing template was successful.' indicating that your template has been updated successfully.