1. onyxingenuities
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. Monday, 19 October 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello,

Just tried a full demo install of the Madison template, but before I can continue the joomla install/site backup, I am prompted with a 500 Error code. Going back through the files within the zipped package, I'm notice that there is not an .htaccess file. Wondering if that is the source of the problem? First time I've encountered an issue like this with any of your templates.

Thanks for your help and time!
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hello

500 errors are usually related to incorrect file and folder permissions on your server. For details on correct file permissions when setting up Joomla may I suggest the following article.. https://docs.joomla.org/Verifying_permissions

By default the root of your Joomla install should include a htaccess.txt, if you are using a Unix server then you can change this to .htaccess to enable.

Ciarán
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Thanks for the reply.

I went back through and double-checked all the permissions on the folders and files and added a .htaccess file, but still getting 500 error. Not a big deal. I just did a fresh Joomla install and installed the template that way. Just thought it was odd that I was getting this error, as it has never happened before, even when using your templates.

*Note that I was never able to actually do an install using the demo template installer files. The 500 error was appearing when I attempted to access the installation setup.

Cheers
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hello

Thank you for the update.

If you wish to try the demo installer in the future and get the same error try setting all files and folders of your ../installation folder to 755.

Ciarán
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Join Our Newsletter

* indicates required
We respect your privacy and do not tolerate spam and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, email, number, etc.) to any third party. Nor will we send you unsolicited email.
Joomla51 - Mullaghmore, Co. Sligo, Ireland
Joomla51.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters.
The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted by
Open Source Matters
the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok