1. Agabby
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. Commercial Templates
  4. Thursday, 02 April 2015
  5.  Subscribe via email
Hello Ciaran,

So now that Maria has assisted me with the side col a module. I;ve used Firebug for the one hundredth, thousandth time.. :sick: I realized that my forum is here inside the template.css

#container_main .wrapper960 {position:relative;}
#container_main .wrapper960 div {
box-sizing:border-box;
-moz-box-sizing: border-box;
}

I researched and found how to change the position to either fixed. I'm playing around this and finding some of the changes I am looking for

#container_main .wrapper960 div {position: fixed;
width: 1000px; height: 200px;
left: 10%;
top: 0%;
margin-left: -100px;
}

Therefore I assume the issue is modifying this code:

#container_main .wrapper960 div {
box-sizing:border-box;
-moz-box-sizing: border-box;
}

because its height, position stays the same. The container above drops below and all over it. I've tried to guess my way through a solution. How do I modify this to stay relative with the above container? Oh and change the background color as well?

[color=#0000bb]Clarification[/color]: Maybe the -moz box above is not what I'm trying to define...
What is this container behind the forum? This is what I can't identify - or locate css code - once I changed formatting of the #container_main .wrapper960 div. This container behind remained the same.. did not expand down the page.

Firebug defines it as this:
<div id="container_main" class="j51container">
#main #content_remainder, #main #content_full, #container_main {
background-color: #f5f4f6;
}

Sorry trying to clarify best I can within my limited abilities.. Thanks

My back-end access is the same as provided via email.

April
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi April

It is not clear to be exactly you wish to achieve? A few things to note about the template..

1. It is not possible to position your forum outside of the template wrapper. The wrapper width is set within your templates parameters.

2. If you wish to place content to the left of your forum you can use the sidecol-a module position (http://demo.joomla51.com/0109/index.php/features/module-positions). Ensure that your Layout Options is set to S-C-S in your templates parameters (http://www.joomla51.com/tutorials/item/understanding-layout-options).

Ciarán
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hey Ciaran,

Actually I was able to modify the forum to sit just like I want it including the side col modules. But the background, maybe its the wrapper.. I'm not sure.. its gray.. won't stretch on the page. After modifying positioning of the forum the of the page is messy. i think you would have to see it to understand what I havent touched it after modifying placement.

Thanks
A
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hello

We are no longer able to access your site with the details provided (Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet.).

Ciarán
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi April

You appear to have added some Custom CSS which is effecting the layout of your page. I feel you are trying to achieve something which is simply not possible with the template. On the screensizes we are working with, your header is centred as it should. However your forum is to the left, outside the template wrapper. Sorry to say the template simply is not designed for having content out side of the template wrapper.

If you simply want a 3 column layout then check out ... http://www.joomla51.com/tutorials/item/understanding-layout-options

Ciarán
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Ciaran,

Thanks for the feedback.. I thought that was the problem. I actually recreated the issue to see what you advised But, as I build the pages infrastructure, before putting in the substance.. I really want the forum left justified. I found css code for this as well. I will also check out your suggestion. thanks

A
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Join Our Newsletter

* indicates required
We respect your privacy and do not tolerate spam and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, email, number, etc.) to any third party. Nor will we send you unsolicited email.
Joomla51 - Mullaghmore, Co. Sligo, Ireland
Joomla51.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters.
The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted by
Open Source Matters
the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok