1. Natioo
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. Friday, 26 October 2018
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi Cirian! First of all i wanna thank you for the great service you provide, After you helped me incorporate the J51_Carousel in combination of the J51_gridgallery module on my site. I still ran in to a minor problem, when I choose the "Linked menu item" in the imported J51_gridgallery module inside the carousel, it won't work. It causes a error404. The menu item I've chosen is a external URL in one of my menus. Is there something I can do to redirect clicks on the specific pictures to the url?

please get back to me.
Kind regards
Martin
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Martin

By default the GridGallery module does not support external links. A way around this implemented in later examples of this module was to replace the Linked menu item field with a simple URL field. Would this be preferable for you?

Ciaran
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi Cirian, yes for just the "Ad" section on the site a module with that property would be excellent, any chance to make a copy of the grildgallery module with that setting?

Kind regards
Martin
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi Martin

Please find attached a module update which converts the Linked Menu Item field to a Linked URL field.

Ciaran
Attachments (1)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi Cirian, this module fixed the "ad" section, but it seems to have ruined the other grid gallery modules i have on the site :(, Now the other i had that linked to a "Linked menu item" results in a error 404 :(. . how do i revert to the "Linked menu item" on the general GridGallery Modules, and instead make a new module with the name "GridGalleryURL" with the configuration provided in the zip file attached? :) is there any way to make use of both configurations on the same website?..

Kind regards.
Martin
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hi Martin

Sorry to say that option is not available with our GridGallery module. The closest that can be achieved would be to use URLs to your articles where needed.

If you wish to revert the change in your module, simply install the module from your template download.

Ciaran
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Join Our Newsletter

* indicates required
We respect your privacy and do not tolerate spam and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, email, number, etc.) to any third party. Nor will we send you unsolicited email.
Joomla51 - Mullaghmore, Co. Sligo, Ireland
Joomla51.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters.
The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted by
Open Source Matters
the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok