1. Judah Raine
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. Wednesday, 28 August 2013
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi there, I have just upgraded my site to Joomla 3 and find the above error when using the J51 Oxygen template as default. I was under the impression that this was Joomla 3 compatible. Please can you assist as a matter of extreme urgency as I need to get this site sorted out rather urgently.

Thanks so much.
Jude
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Jude

A Joomla 3 version of the template is available however this is a separate template which you will need to install. May I suggest forwarding the PO to your purchase and we will send you the latest download of the template which includes an Oxygen install file for Joomla 3.

Ciarán
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
So I will then have to redo all the customizations? :ohmy: In other words, start all over again :sick:
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi Jude

No you should simply have to install the Oxygen install file for for Joomla 3 via your extensions manager and your template will be upgraded without effecting any of your content.

Ciarán
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Oh! Yay! What a relief! :silly:

I shall purchase the template now. Hmmm... I have saved the Oxygen template with another name and made the changes on that, so the new template is the one with the changes. What will I need to do to upgrade that? Save the new J3 template as that name and then upload?

Thanks
Jude
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hi there (again :)) I purchased and downloaded the new file, then installed the Joomla 3 template. However, the new install appears to have overwritten the changes. None of the customizations are showing at all

Just to clarify. I have two Oxygen based templates:

The first is the main site template and the changes have been made on the actual J51_oxygen template (I have saved the original file on my laptop so it's intact)
The other is a template for use on certain pages only. I copied the original file and renamed it and made the changes on the new file

I'd be grateful if you can tell me what I have done wrong here? Did I miss something in your earlier instructions?

Thanks so much.
Jude
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Hi Jude

May I suggest sending temporary administration access to your Joomla installation to info@joomla51.com and we will examine these issues further. For our reference please paste a link to this post in your email.

Ciarán
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Thank you Jude

Are the customizations you are referring to made with in the templates parameters or to the templates core files? Upgrading the template will keep your template settings however changes to the core files will be lost. You mentioned this was a site upgrade however none of your site contents appears to have migrated to your new Joomla installation.

Ciarán
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Hi there, thanks for replying. The term upgrade is relative - I am doing a new install of Joomla 3 as the site is undergoing a major change from simple site to community site Much of the old content and plugins are now redundant and so I have done a fresh install and can easily add the few articles I need from the old content.

I made the template changes to the core template files. I selected this template previously as it was listed as J3 compatible. My assumption from this was that it would therefore work with J3 without having to reinstall.

It seems I shall have to go back and do the custom changes from scratch?

Many thank,
Jude
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Hi Jude

Could you detail for me the changes made? It should be relatively easy to transfer these changes to your new template. Images can be copied directly across. As long as your CSS changes were made using the Custom CSS field you can simply copy and paste this CSS to the Custom CSS field of your new template.

Ciarán
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
Hmmm... as I recall the majority of the changes were css changes, but there may have been one or two other things. I suppose I could pick up what's missing once the css is updated.

Do I just copy the css files across and overwrite the existing ones? I changed the actual template css files (having of course saved the original file :laugh: )
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
Just to let you know that I have resolved the issue with the template. I uploaded the images and the previous css file, and with only a couple of minor tweaks I have my template back.

I also have to say that I am impressed with the level of service and the willingness to help (even though I realize that my minor panic was all for nothing :laugh: ) The ease of the template is also worth commenting on - I am an utter novice, and expected a lot more angst and considerably more time.

Thank you for a quality product and a service level that includes patience with those of us learning as we go along. It's a rare commodity and I value both.

Take care,
Jude
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
Hi Jude

Thank you for your very kind words. If you have any further queries regarding your template please feel free to contact us.

Ciarán
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 12
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Join Our Newsletter

* indicates required
We respect your privacy and do not tolerate spam and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, email, number, etc.) to any third party. Nor will we send you unsolicited email.
Joomla51 - Mullaghmore, Co. Sligo, Ireland
Joomla51.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters.
The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted by
Open Source Matters
the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok