1. chrishoefliger
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. Commercial Templates
  4. Friday, 02 September 2022
  5.  Subscribe via email
Hi Ciarán,
I recently bought Skylar for Joomla 4 as an update, because I wanted to upgrade one of my sites to J4 and I thought it best to use the same template.
Anyway, the update ran through and I was able to install Skylar. The site I'm working on is now alsmost complete, but it's still on my localhost. Maily because I still see some strange things, namely 404 errors when I look at the network tab in dev tools.

For one, the template insists to look for a favicon file in the root, which is not where favicons used to live. Strange. Now that's easy to fix, one places a favicon file there and the 404 is gone (but I still think this is not the way one should deal with this).

What bothers me more is that somehow the template also looks for

/media/templates/media/vendor/joomla-custom-elements/css/joomla-alert.css

Needless to say, there is no such folder, and if there was, it should rather be under /templates (I see there already is a similar thread on this elsewhere in this forum, but it's not resolved).
Also somehow there is a missing file

/images/base-bg.jpg

where I do not have the foggiest, what this means. There was no such file in /images in the J3 version of the site and to my knowledge there never has been. The initiator of this 404 is said to be jarallax.min.js.

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Chris
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Chris

This is an ongoing issue that to date we have been unable to replicate and one that is a bit strange. The joomla-alert.css although provided by the template, this file is actually loaded by Joomla core. May I ask have you enabled any child templates? Is this file available at ../media/vendor/joomla-custom-elements/css/joomla-alert.css?

Ciaran
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Hi Ciarán,
yes, the file lives at the said location, but not at /media/templates/media/vendor.... and no, there is no child template involved.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hi Chris

I have just created an update to the Skylar template which should hopefully resolve this issue. For details on updating your template may I suggest the following article.. https://joomla51.com/tutorials/joomla-basics/updating-your-joomla-template

If the issue persists after updating, may I suggest sending temporary administration access to your Joomla installation to info@joomla51.com and we will examine this issue further. For our reference please paste a link to this post in your email.

Ciaran
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hi Ciarán,
thank you so much. I'll give it a spin and will get back to you!

Cheers, Chris
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hi Ciarán, we're talking about this one:

Version 1.1.6 - 8th September 2022
+ Add js/jarallax.min.js.map
# Fix not found error on joomla-alert CSS

I've installed the version and I'm afraid I have some bad news: It does not change anything, the 404 is still there

Screenshot 2022-09-09 135508.png

I've put the site online and I'm sending you the details of an temporary admin account.

BTW jtaldef is a plugin that downloads google fonts and makes them available locally. Switching it off and clearing caches does not change anything.
Thanks, Chris
Attachments (1)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Thank you Chris

Could I ask you to allow us access to your extensions manager so we can edit your template?

Ciaran
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Thank you Chris

This issue is proving to be particularly stubborn. All calls for the joomla-alert.css have been removed from the template and we instead added this CSS to the main template CSS however Joomla continues to attempt to make a call to ../media/templates/media/vendor/joomla-custom-elements/css/joomla-alert.css

We will continue to search for a solution and will likely need to chat to Dimitris who developed the joomla-alerts custom elements for Joomla and try and find a solution. Our investigation so far makes us think that there is a possible issue in core for 3rd party templates.

In the meantime may I suggest copying the contents of your ../templates/j51_skylar/css/vendor/joomla-custom-elements/ folder to ../media/templates/media/vendor/joomla-custom-elements/ which should hopefully resolve this issue for you.

Ciaran
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Hi Ciarán,
thank you. Will do as suggested and wait for improvements.

Have a nice week end, Chris
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 8
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Join Our Newsletter

* indicates required
We respect your privacy and do not tolerate spam and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, email, number, etc.) to any third party. Nor will we send you unsolicited email.
Joomla51 - Mullaghmore, Co. Sligo, Ireland
Joomla51.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters.
The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted by
Open Source Matters
the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok