1. chrishoefliger
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. Commercial Templates
  4. Sunday, 11 September 2022
  5.  Subscribe via email
Hi Ciarán,
no, this is not about the issue with Skylar as reported last week (even though Nina suffers from the same problem).
It's like this: I have an elderly site that I am about to lift to Joomla 4. This site has been running Sophia and I did not want to buy an upgrade as I hardly used this template in the past. Besides, said site runs K2 and I want to get rid of this, so I thought the main problem would be to get rid of all K2 items (wich turned out not to be that complicated, as I found a script to do the main task).
Then I installed Nina 1.1.7 (current version as far as I can see). Looking at the network tab, I noticed that there are a few new 404 errors. Seems the template is looking at the wrong places to load Font Awesome:

/media/templates/site/j51_nina/css/webfonts/fa-solid-900.woff2

There isn't any such folder in the system.
After a while I tried to install an older version of Nina that I had downloaded earlier: V 1.1.2 - and snap the problem disappeared.

/media/templates/site/j51_nina/fonts/fa-solid-900.woff2

So, somebody must have decided at one point to change the location and the name of Font Awesome and not telling the template logic.
I have re-installed 1.1.7 and then copied and renamed the fonts directory. This has proved to be a temporary fix, but I feel this has to be put right in a future version of the template.

Cheers, Chris
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Chris

Thank you for detailing your issue. There seem to be some issues related to the introduction of child templates into Joomla. This update has moved some of the template assets from the template folder into the media folder. The migration for this change appears to be having some issues. If this is still an issue for you, may I suggest sending temporary administration access to your Joomla installation to info@joomla51.com and we will examine this issue further. For our reference please paste a link to this post in your email.

Ciaran
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
The new version 1.1.9 of the template seems to solve this issue.
Thanks a lot.

Cheers, Chris
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Commercial Templates
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Join Our Newsletter

* indicates required
We respect your privacy and do not tolerate spam and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, email, number, etc.) to any third party. Nor will we send you unsolicited email.
Joomla51 - Mullaghmore, Co. Sligo, Ireland
Joomla51.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters.
The Joomla! name and logo is used under a limited license granted by
Open Source Matters
the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

Ok