Our ImageLinkHover module is an attractive way of linking to a particular area of your site allowing you to display an image along with a brief description and a read more button.
Firstly install the mod_j51imagelinkhover.zip from the corresponding folder to your Joomla version in your template download via your extension manager (Extensions -> Extension Manager).
Once installed navigate to your Module Manager (Extensions -> Module Manager) and select your newly installed J51_ImageLinkHover. Duplicate instances of your module can be created by navigating to Extensions -> Module Manager -> New -> J51_ImageLinkHover.
You will find the settings to your module in the Options tab which are as follows..
- Image - Select the image you wish to display.
- Width in pixels - Set the width of your module. For best results and to avoid cropping this should match the width of your image.
- Height in pixels - For best result should also match that of your image.
- Select a menu item - Select the menu item you wish to link to.
- Description Title (If available) - Title to be displayed within you module.
- Description Text (If available) - Text to be displayed within your module.
- Button Text (If available) - Text to be displayed as your menu item link.
I would suggest creating a menu specifically for your module (Menus -> Menu manager -> Add new menu). Within this menu you can create a menu item for each instance of the module you intend to create (Menus -> [YourNewMenu] -> New -> Single Article). This allows you to create menu items for articles that may not be linked to anywhere else in the site.
Note: As this module uses CSS3 it may not function correctly on browser that do not fully support CSS3.