Assigning the 'Full Screen Header' option to the homepage only
This tutorial applies to the following templates:
On a number of our more recent template releases you will find an option to set the header to display full screen. Once this option is enabled via your templates parameters, your header will automatically adjust to fill the browser window, creating the perfect introduction to your website.
A common query is how to enable this feature for just the homepage of your website, reverting back to the default header on all other menu items. This is done by creating a separate template style for your homepage.
- From your 'Template Manager' click on your default template style and set the 'Full Screen Header' to 'Off'. Click Save. This is the template style which will be used on all pages except your homepage.
- While still in your default template styles parameters. Rename the template style to something like 'Homepage' and click 'Save as Copy'. You have now created a new template stlye which you will be using for just your homepage.
- While still in your 'Homepage' template style enable the 'Header Full Screen' option ('Styling' tab).
- Click to 'Menu Assignments' tab and assign to just the homepage menu item.
- Save & Close. Your homepage template style with the 'Header Full Screen' option enabled should be now assigned to only the homepage of your site, reverting back to the default template style with this option disabled on all other menu items.
To fully understand the above tutorial it is important to remember that your default template style will always be used when no other template style is assigned to a menu item. Once a template style is assigned to a menu item, that template style will always take precedence over the default template style.